www.beenakannan.com recognizes the importance of maintaining your privacy. We respect your privacy and are honoured to be trusted by you. We make every effort to guarantee that the information you provide will not be misused. If for some reason the following privacy and security policy does not answer your questions, please contact us.
Information that may be collected from you
www.beenakannan.com collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our website and other websites accessible from them.
Kindly, note that beenakannan.com does not collect your Payment Card details (i.e. credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV etc.). When you make a purchase using your card, you are automatically redirected to the acquiring bank payment gateway website, where all required transaction details are captured on the secured payment page, and encrypted using Industrial Strength Cipher, and are securely transmitted to your card issuer for obtaining an authorization decision. At no time during the purchase process or thereafter does www.beenakannan.com have access to, or store, your complete card account information.
www.beenakannan.com collects basic information required to service your requests, including your name, mailing address, email and phone number. This information is gathered when you purchase products/gift certificates, or sign up for email notifications.
While you use our website, we may have automatic access to (receive and collect) certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through our web server, obtained from cookies sent to your browser from web server cookies stored on your hard drive, including but not limited to:
- Computer-identification information.
- IP address, assigned to the computer which you use.
- The domain server through which you access our service.
- The type of computer you are using.
- The type of web browser you are using.
While you are transacting on our website personally identifiable information collected about you may include:
- First and last name.
- Email addresses.
- Contact details including phone numbers.
- PIN/ZIP code.- Demographic profile (like your age, gender, occupation, education, address and durables owned).
- Personal preferences and interests (such as books, movies, music and so on); and
- Your opinion on services, products, features on our websites.
We may also collect the following information about:
- The pages you visit/access on the website
- The links you click on our website.
- The number of times you access the page.
- Things you view, add to bag, add to wish list.
Use of information
We use your contact information to:
- Send registration confirmation, share special offers, let you know of any change in service or communicate any event-based information
We use other personal information to:
- Improve personalized features on our websites to enhance your shopping experience.
- To contact you for your account / profile related matters or any other reason as may be necessary.
- To provide the services requested by you example deliver merchandise ordered by you.
- To preserve social history as governed by existing law or policy.
We use anonymous traffic information to:
- Remember you in order to deliver better and more personalized service e.g. track your entries in our promotion schemes;
- Recognize your usage privileges to our website.- Administer and manage smooth functioning of our website by diagnosing problems.
- Track your session and activities so that we can understand better how people use our website.
Who do we share your information with?
We never rent or sell your information with any third parties. We only share your information with our agents and alliance partners/ third parties for the reasons stated below.
We use the services of our enabling partners such as outside shipping companies, business associates to fulfil orders, and credit / debit card processing companies to process the payment for goods and services ordered from www.beenakannan.com website. These entities do not retain, store, share or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
Alliance partners / third parties
We will share your information with our alliance partners / third parties who work with us or on our behalf to help provide you the services to improve your shopping experience.
We share certain essential information with agents and Alliance partners which is required by them to confirm the deliveries, send notices and offer services related to the service.
We will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to any other third parties unless:
- Required by special circumstances such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, requests/order from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure;
- We have your permission;
- To provide products or services you have requested
We reserve the right to disclose your personal identifiable and email address information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our websites.
The security of your personal information and email address is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit / debit card number) on our acquiring bank system or order forms, they encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL), used by the payment gateway.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information and email address submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information and email address, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Choices available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of information
You can accept or decline the cookies. All websites that are customizable require that you accept cookies.
A cookie is a small text file that we place on your mobile device to enable various features of www.beenakannan.com. ‘Cookies’ are used to store user preferences and to track user trends, so as to enhance your interactive experience and sincerely improve our services. You can change your cookie settings to accept or not accept cookies in your browser settings. If you do accept a ‘cookie’, you thereby agree to our use of any personal information collected by us using that cookie.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some areas of our website, will be limited. Cookies are used in the shopping bag to enable enhanced security and to ensure there is no URL based spamming.
Unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example), we will have no way of knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply (an example of this is when transact as a guest or add items to shopping bag). A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive.
Voluntary disclosure of information.
Supplying personally identifiable information is entirely voluntary. You are not required to register with us in order to use our websites. However, we offer some services only to visitors who do register:
You may change your interests at any time and may opt-in or opt-out of any marketing / promotional / newsletters mailings. beenakannan.com reserves the right to send you certain service-related communication, considered to be a part of your beenakannan.com account without offering you the facility to opt-out. You may update your information and change your account settings at any time.
If your personally identifiable information or email address change, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing our Customer Care Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to change or update this policy at any time by placing a prominent notice on our website. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting to this website.
You can offer your views, suggestions, if any, by writing to us at email@example.com